For Ford enthusiasts that are serious about performance! Just under the brass terminals of the MSD cap and rotor is an easy-to-adjust mechanical advance assembly. The assembly is fine blanked from chro-moly steel, TIG-welded for strength plus receives a QPQ coating. The precision weights glide on nylon bushings for smooth advancement and different springs and stop bushings are supplied so a variety of advance curves can be tuned. The steel shaft that spins the advance and reluctor receives a friction reducing coating plus is guided by a sealed ball bearing and long sintered bushing. This combination provides stable timing signals and spark delivery at any rpm. Triggering chores are handled by MSD’s race proven, maintenance-free magnetic pick-up.
- CNC machined billet aluminum housing and Dupont Rynite base
- Supplied with Cap-A-Dapt and rotor (accepts MSD socket style caps)
- Must be used with an MSD Ignition Control
- Mechanical advance assembly can be locked out for crank trigger systems
- Nylon pads ensure smooth operation of the advance weights
- Advance weight pins are staked and tig welded to the plate
- Designed to easily be able to lock out centrifugal advance
- Advance plate and weights are fine blanked from chrome moly steel and QPQ coated for friction reduction
- Polished steel shaft is QPQ coated and guided by a sealed ball bearing
- Maintenance-free magnetic pickup and precision reluctor create stable trigger signals throughout the rpm range
- Easy-to-adjust mechanical advance with supplied springs and stop bushings
- No CARB Exemption Order Number
There are no reviews yet.